Saturday, July 16, 2011

There Is a Fifth Dimension...


John - we're in season 3 of the Twilight Zone; we're on episode 83 - "Dead Man's Shoes." Our viewings really come in waves. I think it's been a week since we last watched an episode, but next week we would be able to watch as many as we want. We will definitely do one episode a day so you can join in - and in general, will do whatever it takes to accommodate and allow you to catch up to us.

I'm curious, did you stop watching Twin Peaks after finding out who the killer was? If so, I completely understand. My major criticism of the show is that it went way downhill after that point (also when David Lynch seemed to abandon the show, despite showing up occasionally to play Gordon Cole).

I miss Siskel and Ebert as well - but due to my age, I'm more familiar with Ebert and Roeper. Not the same, I know.

And right, I wrote the wrong thing in suggesting that you were going to post on the previous three seasons of Breaking Bad. I'll have to check out those older posts on your blog. I, myself commented on the third season in a previous post on mine. But anyway, can't wait to discuss the new episodes.

Lisa - Glad to hear that you and Ben are both Twin Peaks fans. If you do re-watch, I'd be happy to discuss it with you. On Weeds, I've definitely hated Nancy ever since she was attracted to Esteban (I'm not a fan of the actor). And yeah, she is definitely the most selfish character on television, and has just increasingly ruined everyone's life over the past few seasons. You really have to feel for Andy, Cilas, and Shane. She's such a shitty mom and sister-in-law. That said, I really love Mary-Louise Parker and am very much attracted to her...so I can never really hate Nancy too much. And yeah, definitely, it's time to put an end to Weeds. I think Jenji Cohen said in an interview that this would be last season - I hope so. The only thing that could save it would be the reappearance of Conrad.

On CYE, I think the main reason why they had Larry and Cheryl separate/divorce was due to the fact that Larry got a divorce from his actual wife (Laurie David) before the sixth season started shooting. Guess he really wanted art to imitate life. I did enjoy watching him date other people though - very funny stuff.

I think I would see Winnie the Pooh on Netflix. Like you wrote back to Jeff, it would be kind of creepy for a grown man to see it in the theater without kids. I admit that The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh scared the hell out of me as a kid - just the heffalumps and woozles sequence, though...so it's kind of understandable. I also hear that She & Him wrote a song for the movie - sweet.

Brandon - Haven't seen an episode of Louis at all, but everytime Louis C.K. goes on the Daily Show I consider watching it. I do like him as a comedian, though maybe too crass for me at times. There's a great discussion about comedy between him, Chris Rock, Ricky Gervais, and Jerry Seinfeld for HBO's Talking Funny - maybe you've seen it. I'm with you on Chappelle, though I'm a bigger fan of Killin' Them Softly. But For What It's Worth has the joke about grape drink, right? Agreed, pure genius.

Jeff - What up, Hal?!

Everyone - Totally forgot to include Boy Meets World into my "shows I'm currently watching" list. I bought season 6 off of amazon last week. Grew up watching the show on ABC's epic TGIF line-up (the days when Patrick Duffy was getting regular work). Highly entertaining stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment