Saturday, July 9, 2011

00s and 90s Lists

I've completed my top ten lists for the "noughties," aka the first decade of the 2000s. Though there are some films on my lists that I would need to see again before commenting on. And then, of course, there are a few movies that I have yet to see that I know would influence those lists. But mostly, I feel very comfortable with them.

The 90s lists are a different story. I'm trying to complete them using Netflix & IW. The process will probably be a little slower than I want it to be (it blows that video stores no longer exist), but I'm trying to catch a ton of the "acclaimed films" that I missed from the decade - starting '99 and working my way down.

I think we're all fairly close in age, but I was born in '86, so a lot of the movies that I saw during the 90s were either kids movies or just plain shite - I've seen the Mortal Kombat movie more times than Schindler's List. Good god.

I'll still end up including some of those "kids" movies into my lists for sure, but I haven't seen enough from each year to complete any of them - the only years where I have ten films listed are: '99,'98,'94, and '93. So I'll probably catch a few movies from '99 and '98, but mostly I'll be starting with '97 (watching The Sweet Hereafter first).

Just thought I would let everyone know, in case you're in the mood for some 90s nostalgia and want to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment