Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Simpsons Episode Rankings: Season 4


This might be one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. How do you rank episodes from the greatest Simpsons season of all-time? These are also some of the greatest episodes in television history, in my opinion. Well, I was able to come up with my rankings through careful deliberation. I've seen each of these episodes at least twenty times and they're still funny to me (and you know it's a great season when even the clip show is hilarious). This is also a very quotable season, and I'm sure I make reference to one of these episodes at least once a day. So if I've said something strange and you don't know what I'm talking about, odds are, I'm quoting something from season four of The Simpsons. But seriously, if you're unfamiliar with these episodes, do yourself a favor and buy, download, borrow, steal, or rent these episodes.

Also, I'm debating whether or not I might eventually do individual write-ups for each pick. Until then, enjoy the list without any sort of specific commentary. Even the episodes at the bottom of the list are hilarious and fun to watch, so really, I just wish to praise the season as a whole for now.

1. Last Exit to Springfield
2. I Love Lisa
3. Duffless
4. Marge vs. the Monorail
5. Homer the Heretic
6. New Kid on the Block
7. Treehouse of Horror III
8. Mr. Plow
9. Brother from the Same Planet
10. Lisa's First Word
11. Marge In Chains
12. Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie
13. So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show
14. Whacking Day
15. Selma's Choice
16. The Front
17. Marge Gets a Job
18. Homer's Triple Bypass
19. Lisa the Beauty Queen
20. Krusty Gets Kancelled
21. Kamp Krusty
22. A Streetcar Named Marge

1 comment:

  1. Last Exit to Springfield
    Duffless
    Marge vs. the Monorail
    Homer the Heretic
    New Kid on the Block
    Treehouse of Horror III
    I Love Lisa
    Mr. Plow
    Brother From the Same Planet
    Marge in Chains
    Lisa’s First Word
    Selma’s Choice
    So It’s Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show
    Whacking Day
    The Front
    Krusty Gets Kancelled
    Homer’s Triple Bypass
    Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie
    Marge Gets a Job
    Lisa the Beauty Queen
    Kamp Krusty
    A Streetcar Named Marge

    ReplyDelete